Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Paula's Choice The Nude Matte Eyeshadow Palette









Urban Decay is the only brand I trust when it comes to eye shadows. Of course there's your usual MAC, NARS and Bobbi Brown but when it comes to nude eye shadow palettes, there's only a few brands that can get it right the first time. I wouldn't even say Urban Decay did to be honest. I mean I have their original Naked Palette but only get the most use out of Naked Palette 3, hence my statement of getting it right the third time around. 

This time around, it's another nude palette we're talking about from cult favourite skincare brand namely Paula's Choice. Their decision to dive into make-up is really brave I have to admit. However the palette being designed with the help of one of my favourite YouTube Make-up Artists, Wayne Goss surely helps in giving it that stamp of approval. 

There are your typical 12 eye shadows in the palette, ranging from chocolate browns, coffee browns, biscuit, mink to all possible shades of beige and greys. I adore the fact that it's an all-matte palette with the exception of one pale shimmery shade that can be used to amp up the sparkle in any of these eye shadows or give the eye some depth and dimension. 

Texture wise, these are extremely pigmented on the very first swipe, velvety and smooth. No chalkiness or gritty texture detected. They go on to the eye in an airbrushed manner and look freaking fabulous. Just one problem with these is their ability to stay put or nicely said, longevity. Especially on my lids they start creasing after a few hours which can I just clarify, even happens with UD eye shadows without a primer underneath. 

If you've got a trusty old primer at hand, my current favourite is  KIKO Eye Base Primer, then you'll love this palette to bits. It's so gorgeous for creating a smoky eye or that Kristen Stewart Twilight barely-there eye shadow look or one of those runway cult-favourite, all-brown eye shadow look. 

The shade range for me is just perfect. None of the shades are unwearable and the textures are modern and light. Hell you can even fill in the brows and line the lash line with some of the shade offerings here. My verdict: Get it if other nude palettes were too metallic or unwearable for you.

www.paulaschoice.co.uk

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar