Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Barry M Instant Nail Effects: Pastel Manicure

Thanks to everyone who has watched my Barry M Instant Nail Effects video. I was planning a proper 'speaking' video today but I've been suffering from a sore throat all week and completely lost my voice today : ( The phone rang earlier and obviously I couldn't answer it, so I was banging on the wall to get my sister downstairs to do it, heehee!
Anyway, there were a few things I wanted to add about that nail art if you were still contemplating buying it. First of all, for anyone who was wondering which red nail polish I was wearing in the video for my ladybird style nails (above), it was Bourjois 1 Seconde in 7 Rouge Cerise.
-Instant Nail Effects really works best on brighter or paler colours-you need contrast to the black. When I first got it home, I was already wearing Mushroom and just painted the Nail Effects quickly over the top, but the effect wasn't as good, because you couldn't really see it. I tried pastel nails this week and love the outcome. The nail art really brings the different colours together and a couple of people have already stopped me and asked what I'm wearing on my nails. For info on what I used, see the bottom of this post. I'm already planning using some brights next time (orange, turquoise, bold green, fuchsia etc). White would also look stunning I reckon, so I'm on the lookout for a white polish now.
-Instant Nail Effects is one of the fastest drying polishes I have ever used. Once it's turned matte and crackled, it's dry, which is really brilliant.
-Sometimes it can look very matte, so that can be quite annoying if it's not the look you're going for. As I mentioned in the video though, all you need is a layer of top coat over it. I didn't use it in the video, just because I was being quick for filming purposes. I also haven't used it this week on my pastel manicure, but I actually found it didn't look matte this time.
-You can use this over any nail polish. My Mum always wear a glittery topcoat and when I tried it on her (over that), it crackled to an almost giraffe print look, which looked really great.
All in all, I think it's a fabulous product for giving show-stopping nails with no effort. I'm hoping Barry M will start producing it in other colours, seeing as it's proved popular.
Pastel manicure shades, shown in order (from pinky to thumb); No7 Stay Perfect in Pearly Pink 30, Eyeko Rain Polish (my new favourite), Barry M Nail Paint in 304 Mint Green, 17 Lasting Fix in Sherbet Lemon and Topshop Nails in Parma Violet. My nails are super short just now because ever since I fell down the stairs months ago, I can't grow them to a decent length without them breaking which sucks : (

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar